Monday 4 June 2012

Iron Sky


If Prometheus is this years 2001: A Space Odyssey then Iron Sky is this years movie about Nazis from space. In that it is about Nazis coming from the Moon to take over the world.

If you need anymore reason to see Iron Sky other than that then you probably weren't going to see it anyway, were you? Admit it! Well you should cause there is loads to enjoy! Sure, there are moments when you think 'Stop! You have the most perfect premise, why are you bothering with these subplots' but who cares, cause when it delivered, it fucking delivers giant zeppelins from space! Little moments and gags made me so delighted, cause if I was gonna make a Nazis from space movie, this is pretty much how I'd do it! When a movie has background gags where children's hopscotch game is drawn in chalk on the ground in the shape of a swastika, I want to high-five this movie and give it an encouraging 'keep this shit up'. 

Really silly b-movie fun, which I hope does well. Its clear someone put a lot of effort in while still realising how completely bonkers this whole endeavor was and for that I think as much kudos as possible should be given.

No comments:

Post a Comment